Top 4: Hair Oils

published on Monday 4 August 2014


Over the last couple of years, a number of brands have created hair oils which are now a staple in a lot of people's hair care routines. Hair oils can provide nourishment to your hair, giving the appearance of healthy and shiny locks in a bottle!

Since the hair oil craze has came about, I have tried a number of them and due to that, found my favourites - narrowing it down to four that I am going to share with you today.

Just a little bit of background on my hair - it is short to medium length, medium thickness and has been dyed and bleached far too much, but overall relatively healthy. 

To keep this post short and to the point, I'm going to answer a couple of points for each of the four products, but just know I absolutely love all of these hair oils!

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil:
Consistency: Light, great for applying to both wet and dry hair.
My use: I use this oil on both wet and dry hair, which is a plus because there are some oils I have tried that I feel like I can only use on wet hair for example. I feel like this oil is great for all types of hair, thin or thick. Although for a drugstore hair oil it is on the higher end at around £9.99 in Boots & Superdurg (as of August 2014), it is an amazing oil and nowhere near the price of Moroccan Oil for example.

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment:
Consistency: Thick, in a sense quite heavy but very moisturising.
My use and thoughts: This oil has been all over the blogosphere in the last couple of years, and I can see why! Its an amazing oil that I use on wet hair as its heavier than any other oil I have tried, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. This is a great oil for wet hair as that is when it will be absorbed best. With having fine-ish hair, this oil is definitely not too heavy for my hair, just make sure you use a minimal amount! Although the price is about £20, this is an amazing oil that will definitely moisturise hair and give an amazing finish to the ends especially.

TRESemme Liquid Gold Oil:
Consistency: Thin, amazing for wet and dry hair.
My use and thoughts: I used to use this oil on both wet and dry hair (until I found the L'Oreal oil), but now I just use it on dry to finish a style and keep ends looking fresh and moisturised. This is a great oil as it is light so amazing for what I use it for of finishing a style on dry hair. Another thing that's a pro of this product is the price - with it being a TRESemme product, you'll be able to find it in drugstores and supermarkets. A lot of the times I've seen it, it has been on offer which is even better!

got2be Oil-Licious Styling Oil:
Consistency: Thin to medium.
My use and thoughts: I personally use this oil on dry hair to finish a style and this is one of my favourites to that. When my hair has flyaways or is looking particularly dry, I use this to finish the style and it adds moisture back into my hair making it look incredibly healthy again. This is another of the budget hair oils again, only being around £3.99 in drugstores and supermarkets. A little goes a long way with this hair oil so will definitely last you a while!

What is your favourite hair oil? Have you tried any of my favourites? Let me know in a comment below!

Thank you for reading,
 

Post a Comment