Hair Growth Products: Do they really work?

published on Wednesday 12 November 2014



Growing my hair has been important to be since about a year ago when I stupidly decided to cut it to my shoulders, from the length of around below my chest. I've spent hours upon hours researching what is the best thing to 'speed up' hair growth and am sure I have tried and tested nearly everything.

If you've watched any videos on hair growth, I'm sure you would have heard about Main 'n Tail. Its a tried and trusted shampoo & conditioner that was origianlly used for horses. Yep, I thought it sounded weird too, but with all the hype these products were getting for hair strengthening and growth, I decided to give them a go. They're relatively cheap too at £6.00 for both the shampoo & conditioner from eBay, which is a bargain to me. 

The first time I used these products I fell in love. The shampoo is both clarifying and moisturising, and leaves my hair feeling great after I've used it. The conditioner is great for an everyday conditioner, however it isn't super moisturising, but I still absolutely love it.

Another product that would come up often is hair growth vitamins, specifically Biotin. I've tried many types of Biotin from Holland & Barrett's 1,000mcg Biotin to the Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg. Biotin does not claim to make hair grow, however claims to promote healthy hair. I find that the Biotin I'm using definitely does this. Most 'hair growth' products will never actually make your hair grow, unfortunately that product doesn't exist yet. However, hair growth products will keep your hair looking and feeling healthier so that when it does grow, it will ultimately be prestige.

The Biotin I'm currently using is by Natrol, which I got from Amazon. You get 100 tablets and are advised to take 1 a day. I've been taking Biotin for a few months now and although I don't really see that much of a difference in the rate my hair grows (it grows about the same rate as before), I definitely feel like my hair is stronger because of this.

In terms of the Main 'n Tail shampoo & conditioner, once again I'd say that although I haven't seen a massive difference in my hair growth, it appears healthier and stronger which would mean I would not need to have it cut, thus growing longer.

I'd say Biotin is the first step to growing hair, as its nourishing from the inside - along with nourishing from the outside with a good shampoo and conditioner like Mane 'n Tail. I'll continue to use these products to see if it changes my results and update you all in the near future!

Do you have any tips or products that aid hair growth? Let me know!

Thanks for reading,

2 comments

  1. Good review, I don't think I'd take tablets just hate taking them , I have been growing my hair for two years now I find getting a trim helps with hair growth too xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a trim definitely helps! I'm guilty of not getting as many as I should though, oops.

      x

      Delete